Nowadays, who doesn’t have at least one vegan or vegetarian friend? I know I do. I have this friend who went vegan a few years ago. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet, but…yes, there is a but. For the past few weeks, she’s been trying to get me to go vegan too. I have absolutely nothing against vegans or vegetarians but I just love cheese too much to go vegan. Cheese and I go way back. It’s easy to break off the kind of special relationship cheese and I have, you know? Love you, cheese!
Long story short. My very vegan friend has been making me try vegan dishes/meals/recipes for the past few days. Some of them did not sound very appealing to me but some others were not half bad. Here’s an example of one particular smoothie I really enjoyed. I must confess, though, I was not really looking forward to trying this when my friend made it for me because, well, it is green AND vegan. Thankfully, it turned out to be pretty tasty and incredibly easy to make. I was expecting a recipe listing all these weird vegan ingredients I didn’t even know existed, but that was not the case. So, no excuses now. Give this awesome smoothie a try and let me know what you think. Is it good enough to make you go vegan?!
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of baby spinach
- 4 large strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 1½ cups of soy milk, unsweetened
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend away until smooth. Enjoy!
- This smoothie is very filling so it’s perfect for those days when you only have a few minutes to make breakfast in the morning.
- Agave syrup is used in this recipe to keep it vegan but you can use honey instead if you want it to be just vegetarian.